Business insurance needs

Different business will face different types of risk and will need cover for their specific situation. Some insurance is legally required.

Business insurance needs - overview

Every type of business will have different insurance needs - from employees to premises and vehicles. Our guide to understanding what cover you need.

Female in blue shirt biting pencil considering freelance insurance

Contractor and freelancer insurance

If you work as a contractor or freelancer, you likely won't be covered by your client's or agency's insurance. The types of insurance you may need.

Woman sat on a sofa holding a mug while completing her home business insurance

Home business insurance

If you run your business from your home, you need to make sure you're properly insured - your current home insurance may well not cover you.

Worker in white hard-hat looking at big sheet of paper

Insurance for builders and tradesman

The building trade presents all sorts of risks, from health and safety to equipment theft and customer disputes. Our guide to getting insured.

Multiple different people stood in an open-plan styled office

Office insurance

Think you don't need insurance for your low-risk, office-based business? Think again - an uninsured problem could be disastrous. Our guide.

A cafe owner works happily knowing he is backed up by insurance

Pub, restaurant and cafe insurance

If you run a pub or restaurant, you need to be protected against risks like theft or flooding as well as legal claims against your business.

A woman arranges insurance for her small shop

Shop insurance

Shop owners have specialist insurance needs to make sure they're protected. Our guide to the main issues to consider and how to reduce your risks.